Thursday, May 21, 2015

Editing of Suddenly Coming Along

I've been hard at work getting Suddenly cleaned up and ready to be republished by my publisher. My goal is to finish it by the end of May. Yes, I realize that is right around the corner, so I have got to stay on top of this process.

I wanted to share this paragraph that comes from one of my favorite scenes in the book. It's during Homecoming Week, and Jamie dresses up as Amy Lee from Evanescence and this is P. J.'s reaction to seeing her.
“Nice,” she said. Her eyes raked over my whole body, “Very nice. Amy Lee, right?”
Yes,” I laughed. “I must have really done a good job. You both guessed right away who I was supposed to be.”
It’s the corset,” she said, looking at my boobs that the corset pushed up. Her eyes had a new look in them. It was more than appreciation. She met my eyes briefly and I felt like I’d just been touched by a flame.
 

I've been reading my first posts on this blog about Jamie and P. J.'s continuing story, and it has been almost as fun as reading Suddenly again has. Even thought the blog originally started the summer before their sophomore year of college, I still feel like I need to go all the way back to their first year of college and tell the story from there. I've had some ideas for twists that will hopefully have readers on the edge of their seats.

This project has been on the back burner for a while because Kayla and Lori's characters were not developing the way I wanted them to. I'm reworking those ideas. I would love to hear what you all think about the characters as they appear in this blog and what you would like to see happen in Jamie and P. J.'s lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment