Sunday, February 17, 2013

Jamie

P. J. and I were stunned when Lori came home a few weeks ago and announced that she and Jayden had started dating. We both sat down with her and talked about what she was doing but she seemed damned determined that she was doing the right thing.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Jayden. From what I've seen of him so far, he's a typical jock who has chicks all over him on a pretty regular basis. I can't figure out what sparked his interest in Lori. The other girls I've seen him out with were much more feminine. Lori says they have a lot in common and spend most of their time talking about sports. That is probably true, but I don't understand why he started coming around after almost a year of us being friends with Brandi. And, I don't understand Lori's sudden interest in being with a guy. She has always had girlfriends. The only thing I can come up with is that she is trying to get back in her parents good graces.

Regards of what is really going on, P. J. and I are trying to be there for Lori. We don't want her to believe we will stop being her friend just because she's dating a guy. We both really like Lori. She's fun to hangout with and much smarter than she gives herself credit for.

Brandi and Kayla, however, are having a much harder time with Lori switching teams. Kayla, I know is having a hard time because she has a crush on Lori. Brandi is just flat pissed off because she switched teams, especially with her brother.

All of this drama just really sucks, especially since we are coming into the holiday season. Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away. P. J. and I are going home to visit our parents. We are actually going to stay at P. J.'s parents house because my mother is still not comfortable with us sleeping together in my old room. I may actually spend one night over there so I can have a good long visit with her and Dad. They both still make P.J. uncomfortable.

After Thanksgiving, we will all be cramming for finals and we are planning to have a small Christmas party at our apartment with some of out other gay friends. It's going to be interesting to see how that party goes. There will be a few other straight couples there who are also our friends, but there are going to be some other lesbians there who are not going to be happy about Lori switching teams. We'll just have to see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment