Sunday, July 14, 2013

Posting in the Mist of Chaos

I have all five of my grandchildren, ages 9 thru 3. So it's taken me longer than normal to get this post put up. :) The Circle of Confusion is coming along. I'm up to 17502 words. The story is really coming together. I've already posted a tidbit to my M. E Tudor blog. So here's the next piece:

The next morning I got up extra early. I knew I wouldn’t get out of the house before Dad got up, but I thought I might be able to slip out without having to talk to Mom. I went out of my bedroom to the bathroom and when I came back I noticed a note with picture on it stuck to my door. The picture was of me kissing Carrie outside her hotel the last time she was in town. The note said, “Do not leave this house!”

“Oh shit,” I whispered. I slipped back into my room and packed my duffle bag with clothes, took some of my important personal stuff and put it in my backpack, including all of my text books. Things were going to get really ugly if they knew about me and Carrie. 


I stuck my head out my door and looked around for Mom. It was only five-thirty so she was probably still in bed. Tiptoeing, I went to Janna’s room and slipped inside. I crept up to her bed and gently nudged her. “Janna, wake up.”


“What?” she mumbled.


“Mom and Dad know about me and Carrie being together the last time she was in town.”
Janna rolled over with wide eyes. “Are you serious? Was that what you guys were fighting about last night?”


“No, we were fighting about me not wanting to get married and they want me to quit school.”


“Quit school?” she asked, astonished. “Why?”


“They think it’s what’s causing all these radical thoughts I have. But there was a picture of me kissing Carrie with a note on my door that said for me not to leave the house.”


Janna sat up. “Oh shit!”

No comments:

Post a Comment